Disclaimer: The commands on this page typically require administrator rights and they have the potential to damage your system. Do not use them if you don't understand them!
Prewarming of EBS Volumes
AWS Documentation: Pre-Warming of EBS Volumes
Windows Server 2012R2
C:\>dd if=\\.\drive_letter: of=/dev/null bs=1M --progress
This commands reads all bits from the volume drive_letter. It should be non destructive.
Formatting the drive is another option. It deletes the old content.
C:\>format drive_letter: /p:1”
- CloudPing.info: Test site for AWS browser latencies to AWS regions.
- ATT US network latencies: ATT latencies in the US by city (not AWS related)
- EBS Volumes
- EBS disk migration script ebsmig: Python scripts which allows to migrate EBS and provisoned IOPS volumes to the new and cheaper gp2 EBS volumes.
- AWS Security Center
- DDos Resiliency with Amazon Web Services: Presentation at re-Invent. Related Youtube video
- Health Care, HIPAA and HITECH Compliance with AWS
- Printer-friendly version
- Add new comment
- 5620 views